Q: I need help! How can I reach a librarian?
Q: I'm having trouble with Westlaw/Lexis. Who do I contact?
- Librarians can troubleshoot or connect you with Westlaw or Lexis help desks.
Q: Can I get a Westlaw/Lexis/Bloomberg Law password?
- You will receive instructions for setting up your Westlaw and Lexis accounts in your Legal Research & Writing classes. Stop by the ref desk or email the librarians at email@example.com if you need help or to register for a Bloomberg Law account.
Q: Does the law library loan textbooks?
- The law library does not purchase textbooks for loan. Please contact the campus bookstore to order textbooks.
Q: How do I find out if my professor has placed items on course reserve?
- Use the catalog search box on the library web page. Click on the "Course Reserves" tab. Search by course number or instructor name. If you need additional help, stop by the Circulation desk in the library lobby.
Q: How do I access materials off-campus (Proquest Congressional, HeinOnline, etc.)?
- You need to install the campus VPN to access these materials. Instructions are available here.
Q: What can librarians help me with?
- Librarians can provide help with:
- How to use Westlaw/Lexis/Bloomberg Law/HeinOnline/other databases
- Citation questions
- Finding the right study aid
- Legal research help
- Finding electronic materials
- Course support
Q: What about checking out books?
- King Hall students may check out books at the Circulation Desk. You may search the library catalog on the library web page.
Q: How do I contact IT?
Q: I've heard that I have a liaison librarian. Who is it and how do I make an appointment?
- Every 1L has a liaison librarian. Your liaison is the librarian assigned to your Legal Research and Writing class. But feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Q: Where can I get coffee?
- King Hall has a kiosk serving Peet's Coffee outside on the North side of the building. For open hours, see King Hall Coffee.
Q: Does the library have a social media account?